Ohio Supreme Court Justice Moves Toward Decriminalizing Marijuana
Justice O’Neill, a Ohio democrat, Supreme Court Justice says it is time to decriminalize marijuana. O’Neill said he not only wants to legalize marijuana but also release all non-violent marijuana offenders from prison. He stated that making marijuana legal is working in Colorado and doing it in Ohio would bring hundreds of millions of dollars in sales taxes.
“The time has come for new thinking,” O’Neill said in his prepared remarks. “We regulate and tax alcohol and tobacco and imprison people for smoking grass.”
He also announced earlier this year that he is considering stepping down and running for governor, but he won’t make a decision until the end of the year. The current Ohio Governor, John Kasich, signed a new law last year that established regulations for the production licenses and dispensing of medical marijuana to qualified patients.
O’Neill also wants to re-open the network of state hospitals that were closed decades ago using the Ohio Department of Mental Health. His overall goal being to
“Treat addiction like the disease it is in the name of compassion,” he said.
O’Neill and other democrats in Ohio are constantly looking for new ideas for the 2018 Democratic Party. They have goals of replacing the republicans who currently control all branches of the Ohio Government.
WeedShops.com – Where The Grass Is Always Greener
- Medical Marijuana In Ohio Is Passed By Lawmakers, Awaits…
- Ohio Proposes An Innovative Medical Marijuana Payment System
- New Legislation In New Jersey Would Allow Recreational…
- Recreational Marijuana Approved For November Ballot In…
- Could Canada Be The Next Weed Capitol Of The World?
- Illinois Medical Marijuana Sales Reach Over $20M In One Year
- Tennessee Speaker of the House Looks to Legalize Medical Marijuana
- 11 New Medical Marijuana Businesses Prepare To Open In Baltimore
- Utah Launches Signature Drive for Medical Marijuana Campaign
- New Hampshire Decriminalizes Marijuana Possession
- Guam Signs A New Medical Marijuana Bill Into Law
- Recreational Weed Shops In Nevada Are Running Out Of Weed, Governor Declares ‘State of Emergency’