New Poll Shows 80% of North Carolinians In Favor of Medical Marijuana
According to a new Elon University Poll, 80% of people living in North Carolina would like to see medical marijuana legalized. Only seventeen percent opposed legalization.
The majority of voters polled say they would like to see their state become the 30th state to legalize marijuana for medical use.
Democrats and independent voters were the most likely to support medical marijuana legalization, with 83 percent approval. Republicans weren’t that far behind, with 73 percent approval.
On the other hand, North Carolinians who were polled are less likely to support the legalization of recreational marijuana. Only 45 percent of voters polled were in favor of recreational marijuana while 51 percent oppose it.
The strongest support comes from millennials, or people born after 1981, for legalizing marijuana for recreational use. More men than women support legalizing recreational use – 53 percent compared with 38 percent of women. And more Democrats approve of legalizing recreational use than Republicans – 49 percent compared with 33 percent.
The academic, nonpartisan poll randomly surveyed 506 registered N.C. voters April 18-21 via phone. The poll’s margin of error was plus or minus 4.4 percentage points with a 95 percent confidence level.
The entire poll is available for you to read here.
WeedShops.com – Where The Grass Is Always Greener
- One In Eight Americans Claim They Smoke Marijuana
- Michigan Launches Marijuana Legalization Ballot Drive
- New Polls Show That Oregon Voters Approve Of Marijuana…
- Michigan Is One Step Closer To Legalizing Recreational…
- New Poll Points To Marijuana Legalization In Massachusetts…
- Oregon Has Earned over $25.5 Million From Marijuana Tax In…
- Tennessee Speaker of the House Looks to Legalize Medical Marijuana
- 11 New Medical Marijuana Businesses Prepare To Open In Baltimore
- Utah Launches Signature Drive for Medical Marijuana Campaign
- New Hampshire Decriminalizes Marijuana Possession
- Guam Signs A New Medical Marijuana Bill Into Law
- Recreational Weed Shops In Nevada Are Running Out Of Weed, Governor Declares ‘State of Emergency’