Medical Marijuana In Ohio Is Passed By Lawmakers, Awaits Governors Signature
Ohio Governor, John Kasich, is expected to sign the medical marijuana bill approved by lawmakers last week that will make Ohio the 25th state to legalize marijuana for medical use.
The bill was passed by a close vote last Wednesday by the Ohio State Senate and is now awaiting the governors signature. Once signed into law, the law will be effective in 90 days, making it legal sometime this September.
Gov. Kasich is expected to support the bill after stating earlier that he would support medical marijuana if approved by doctors. The bill is more limited than other states and supporters say it is very restrictive. Examples being, growing marijuana at home and smoking marijuana is still illegal.
The bill would allow patients with any of the 20 qualifying medical conditions including PTSD and severe pain to obtain medical marijuana at dispensaries with licensed pharmacists on site. Rules for licensing cultivators and testing labs would be made by the Ohio Department of Commerce.
Excitement is building for supporters and advocates of the bill whom have been waiting for action since a similar bill failed to pass last year. Everyone can agree that legalizing medical marijuana in Ohio is a groundbreaking step for this midwest state.
For the most up to date info on Weed Shops, follow us on Twitter @WeedShops or like us on our Facebook page.
WeedShops.com – Where The Grass Is Always Greener
- Ohio Outlines Medical Marijuana Plan
- Debate Over Legalizing Marijuana Continues In Ohio
- Medical Marijuana Bill In Utah Receives Preliminary Approval
- Marijuana Supporters Launch Petition Drive After Ohio Ballot
- Breaking News! Pennsylvania Legalizes Medical Marijuana
- New Bill Made In Rhode Island For The Legalization of…
- Tennessee Speaker of the House Looks to Legalize Medical Marijuana
- 11 New Medical Marijuana Businesses Prepare To Open In Baltimore
- Utah Launches Signature Drive for Medical Marijuana Campaign
- New Hampshire Decriminalizes Marijuana Possession
- Guam Signs A New Medical Marijuana Bill Into Law
- Recreational Weed Shops In Nevada Are Running Out Of Weed, Governor Declares ‘State of Emergency’