California and Florida Could Both Pass Marijuana Measures Next Year
Advocates for medical marijuana are gaining momentum in these high residency sates. This could grant access to over 59 million more Americans. Supporters for the legalization of this medication should watch these states closely, they are both likely to have marijuana on their ballots in 2016.
The tens of millions of people living in California and Florida represent almost 20% of the United States Population, legalization in these states could tilt the balance of supporters in other states.
According to a poll by Gallup, 51% of Americans now favor some form of legalization, and in California, a record 54% of residents favor ending marijuana prohibition as of June, according to the Public Policy Institute of California.
Florida recently passed the “Right to Try” act, which allowed terminally ill patients access to experimental medications and treatments that have passed phase one of an FDA clinical trial but are not yet approved and available for wide use. State Rep. Matt Gaetz and state Sen. Rob Bradley have announced that they’ll file bills that would add marijuana to that bill.
Efforts to put a more broad medical marijuana law onto Florida’s book through a constitutional amendment are still underway.
Source: Marijuana Policy Project.
For a complete list of California medical dispensaries visit Our California Dispensaries and Weed Shops Page
If you live in Florida, please take a moment to contact your legislators about this important issue. Let them know that you support it. It is encouraged that you submit a personalized letter if you or a loved one could benefit from the legal access of medical marijuana.
WeedShops.com – Where The Grass Is Always Greener
- The Next Seven States To Vote On Marijuana This November
- Will Marijuana Legalization Pass In Arizona Soon?
- Ohio Outlines Medical Marijuana Plan
- Medical Marijuana Will Be On The November 2016 Ballot In…
- California Lawmakers Pursue a 15% Medical Marijuana Sales…
- New Bill Made In Rhode Island For The Legalization of…
- Utah Launches Signature Drive for Medical Marijuana Campaign
- New Hampshire Decriminalizes Marijuana Possession
- Guam Signs A New Medical Marijuana Bill Into Law
- Recreational Weed Shops In Nevada Are Running Out Of Weed, Governor Declares ‘State of Emergency’
- Recreational Marijuana Sales In Nevada Exceed Expectations
- Ohio Supreme Court Justice Moves Toward Decriminalizing Marijuana